When answering the question rather or not it is possible to perceive
others without judging them or criticizing them, I do believe it is possible to
look upon someone and not judge the individual, but I do know that it is very
difficult for someone to do so. Different
cultures is what shapes peoples opinion, and those opinions are what people use
to gain a understanding about someone they may not know or someone they are
getting to know. Another reason why it is difficult for people to not judge
people is because of different stereotypes and belief throughout our society.
For example, if someone who was not raised in a diverse community and do not
know they values of people in different cultures, then they may one see things
in a very narrow minded way. If so, this is when these people use stereotypes
and other beliefs to categorize an individual or group of people.
The reason why I believe that it is possible look at someone
and not judge them is because where I come from there are a lot of different
nationalities and my community is very diverse. Although it is very easy to
stereotype someone, I learned that everyone in certain groups are not the same.
More so in this era people used stereotypes to define people when in actuality that
person can b someone with a different personality that they may have thought. I
do not think that it is fair to judge someone because their race, or sex,
ethnic group. Everyone should have the same opportunity to show people who they
really are, but in today’s society its just not that easy.
I believe you and I are one of the few people that believe it is possible to meet someone without judging them. I appreciate that you feel it is possible. I feel when you meet someone you can keep an open mind and not jump to conclusions. Granted, it may be hard but i think it can be done. I would like to see people to start closing their eyes when they meet someone and just talk to them. People judge what they can see, if we take away sight and what we can see we can really listen and get to know a person. I agree with you when you say everyone should have the same opportunity to show people who they really are.
ReplyDelete