This post will be in response to friendship the existed in
cyberspace.
Although I have not made friendship in cyberspace, I have
known many people who have made friendship in cyberspace and the issues that
come with those friendships. The reason why I have not made friends I
cyberspace is because I think that it is very awkward if someone randomly
messages you or tries to interact with you and you do not know them. In
contrast to being face to face, you are actually seeing the person and you can
communicate verbally and through non-verbal behaviors. Cyber relationships in
my opinion are not real. You do not get to interact the same ways as if you
were in person so you do not get to make the same decisions you would because
you are being told through messaging.
Hello Damon,
ReplyDeleteI like and agree with the stance you have taken towards cyber-friendships. I agree it is awkward and unusual for someone to message you in hope to develop some sort of relationship. However, I know that as men we welcome the random messages of beautiful women over these social networks. In these situations we respond in hope that we can develop or somehow further interact with these women. I've observed that with women we welcome these friendships and at times we become victim to trying to initiate these friendships as well. I agree that cyber relations are awkward but I know that I would welcome one from a celebrity or someone I had interest in. I feel that we desire interaction with unknown individuals if we don’t have instant interest in them. Overall, I thought you presented a valid argument.
Great Job,
-g23
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job in this post and I agree with you and g23. I have made friends over cyberspace but that is because I am very social and out going.(I'm not saying that you are not) Also its not really as random because I was apart of a group on the social network in which I made cyberfriends. The group is basically like twitter/facebook and instagram put together and people would comment on your posts and thats how the friendships starts. I would agree if a random person, randomly messages me trying to be my friend, it would be awkward. Unless it was a girl that I thought was attracted like g23 stated. I would definietly try to get to know her better. Great job on the post
ReplyDelete