Hello Class
In response Duck’s theory, I think that I use many of his
filters to eliminate people from consideration from partnership. One of his
concepts in which I use the most is the interaction cues and preinteraction
cues. I believe that this is one of the first steps that you should use when
deciding if someone should be at your interest in becoming a partner for you.
One of the main things that believe me to find someone unattractive is the
individual being emotionless and them making situations awkward.
Emotion is a way of giving people the cue to let them know
that you are entertained or not. So when someone is emotionless I find it very
difficult to know what mood they are in at the moment. Preinteraction is one
that I value the most. In my opinion nonverbal cues mean the most. Clothing,
and self care mean a lot because it lets others know the individual take cares
of themselves. If someone does not show they take care of them self that is
what I find the most unattractive. I believe I understand Duck’s theory and I
highly agree with it. I have eliminated someone by using the sociological cue,
but then reconsidered them based upon the cognitive cue.
No comments:
Post a Comment