Wednesday, August 8, 2012

In My Opinion...


This post is in response to the questions, what have I learned throughout this class, and what were the most favorite and the least favorite things about this class?

There have been, any different aspects of communication that I have learned in this class. One that sticks out in my mind is the concept of verbal and non-verbal behavior. Before this class I understood that non-verbal behavior was a way you can really tell how someone is feeling and what they really think, but the classmates and the book giving great examples and depth about the concept made me better aware of the verbal and non verbal behaviors I use to no pay attention too. My favorite thing about this class was the fact that we used the blogger website to share our discussions. In normal class where you have to attend them there are always students who do not participate in the discussions, but this class forces you to because that is where the majority of our work is done. The site allows everyone to get a fair part in expressing their ideas and they have no choice but to be apart of the discussion. I do not believe there is any thing I did not like about this class. Everyone was mature in their feedback and I believe the class was set up very good. I think the class is set up very good and does not need any changes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Damon Ogburn,

    I totally agree with the statement: "The site allows everyone to get a fair part in expressing their ideas and they have no choice but to be apart of the discussion." In a regular classroom setting, certain students might dominate the conversation -keeping others from being able to fully articulate their ideas. In this setting, students have the ability to each share, and also take the time to articulate their thoughts (rather than rushing to say something before the loud kid in class starts talking again). I also agree with you, regarding the maturity of the class. Everyone seemed to be here because they wanted to be, which allowed for better discussions.


    -TyroneQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Damon!
    I also liked the sections on verbal and nonverbal communications. I think that the material that we learned about was really great for everyday life, not just communication studies classes. That one of the things I like most about Communication studies, we communicate all the time and deal with other people on a daily basis, so not only will this subject help us in our careers in the future it will also help us with our personal lives. I know what you mean about the online format being great for every one to share their thoughts. Sometimes in class there is such little time to discuss things, that you do not get to fully engage in a subject. By having time to ponder thought and formulate them and write them out i feel that i was able to understand the material better!
    Thanks for the post! have a good rest of the summer!
    Lars

    ReplyDelete